james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IMAP Protocol implementation comments
Date Sat, 02 May 2009 11:41:30 GMT
On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Martin.Bergljung
<Martin.Bergljung@opsera.com> wrote:

<snip>

> *         The EXPUNGE command does not work correctly:
>
> o   The EXPUNGE can be executed and the server side will physically
> delete all emails marked for deletion
>
> o   However, whatever is sent back to the client is not correct as it
> does not remove the emails from the UI (used to work fine in old
> implementation)
>
> o   If I click on other mailbox and then back on mailbox that had emails
> expunged they are gone (so a workaround exists for the moment)

EXPUNGE was missing integration tests. i've added one based on Dovecot

i could do with some more information. if you contribute interaction
scripts (using dummy emails that you're willing to contribute to
Apache) recording the input and output of sessions with issues against
this implementation and against dovecot then i'll be able to find out
why the clients aren't working as expected. if you could attach them
to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMAP-78 that'd be great.

- robert