james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer <nor...@apache.org>
Subject SMTPServer fastfail rewrite
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 19:01:40 GMT
Hi all,
after some very busy months I'm looking forward to spend some time
coding on JAMES. More specific on the fastfail stuff ( and some parts
of the SMTPServer ). I'm thinkin of something related to provide some
different Interfaces which allows the easy writting of costum fastfail
stuff. Something like this:

interface PostHeloListener {
    Response onHelo(....);
}

interface PostMailListener {
   Response onMail(....);
}

interface PostRcptListener {
   Response onRcpt(....);
}

This handlers will then get called after the "raw" input was parsed (
to detect syntax problems etc) and allow to reject,accept,deciline
etc.
This stuff will prolly break backwards-compatibility, but I think I
(we ?) don't care to much about such stuff anymore. I think I will
start the work in a branch, because I prolly break many stuff during
work.

Any thoughts ?

Bye,
Norman

Ps: After that Is done I would like todo something similar for POP3
(and IMAP, Robert you are here ?)