james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer <nor...@apache.org>
Subject SMTPServer rewrite comments
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 17:33:53 GMT
Hi all,

as you know I'm currently working on making the smtpserver of james
more extendable. I dedicided to use the "old work" of Stefano and me (
from the handlerapi-experiment sandbox) as base for that. I'm now
finish with the backporting (is backporting the right name for porting
it to trunk ;P ) of the "old" sandbox + fixing some minor bugs on it.
I think even in the current state its better then everything we ever
had in trunk as smtpserver. The current code can be found here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/sandbox/active/smtp_refactor/

I suggest to just merge it to trunk ( after I fixed the config file
stuff) and continue there with the work. But before that I would like
to ask you to take a look at it and see if you are ok with that.

When its in trunk I will start to "help" robert to work on the
container sandbox to modify the smtpserver to use guice for all the
wiring etc.

In the long term I would like to be able to realease the smtpserver as
independend "product" to give developers some light smtpserver which
is high extendable.

Thoughts ?

Bye,
Norman