james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Guice a.k.a DI Replacement
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 09:52:19 GMT
IMO it's not possible to bind future decisions by a past vote. at any
time, any committer can force a vote by -1'ing a particular code
change. so, any decision to use guice only really happens when the
code is committed without a -1. similarly, this vote does not mean
that committers in the future can't use some other injector or
container a try: what matters is whether the particular code changes
are -1'd or not.

FWIW providing that there are developers willing to port james to
guice, i'm happy for them to give it a try. if it works then i'd be
happy to see trunk move to it.

- robert