james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara ...@bago.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r810059 - /james/project/trunk/project/src/site/site.xml
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 09:43:26 GMT
2009/9/2 Robert Burrell Donkin
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Robert Burrell
> Donkin<robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Robert Burrell
> > Donkin<robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> yes

> >> the site plugin specified in the apache release pom missed up the top link urls
> >>
> >> i wanted to be able to announce the 2.3.2 release and a stuffed up
> >> site was holding this up. i'll take a look and see whether i can find
> >> a better solution...
> >
> > upgrading to 2.0.1 doesn't work either: the URLs are screwed for the
> > images as well. the website's pretty stuffed ATM.
>
> it's the staging that's broken for me. upgrading to 2.0.1 generates
> fine for the local target but stuffs up the relative URL rewriting for
> staging in a local directory :-/

ok, now I remember. I had the same issue and I always did manual
copies for each subproject.

> i think that the breadcrumbs at the top of the page are better as
> absolute URLs but i'll switch the relative URLs back and go back to
> using manual copying (rather than staging) unless anyone has any ideas
> how to fix this issue...

I think that until we'll remove the www folder in svn we should better
make sure that the www folder is browsable so to check it before
deploying, otherwise svn/site/www will loose all of its uses.

FWIW I'm fine with removing svn/site/www and starting deploying to www
directly with maven.

I don't remember much about my site plugin investigations but I argued
with it for a while. I have this list of unresolved bugs in my watches
(3 of them reported by me), I just checked they are still unresolved.
Not sure what is the one you are hitting now, but maybe it worth
updating the issue with a comment (unlikely, but someone may notice
it).

Absolute URI rendered as relative URI if absolute URI related to
domain of POM URI
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-159

Site generation broken with multi-module property inheritence
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-307

Maven skin / version as plugin parameters
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-234

Try and unable to resolve
org.apache.maven.skins:maven-default-skin:jar:RELEASE when another
skin is specified
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-228

Deployed site xml does not preserve license header (and much more)
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-289

Stefano