james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [smtp] ConfigurableHandler...?
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 08:30:34 GMT
2009/9/7 Norman Maurer <norman@apache.org>:
> Hi all,
>
> I saw this "http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-495". In the
> comments Stefano said that such a wrapper already exists. Anyone has
> some pointer. Just to prevent to redo all the work ;)

Ehi, this was from more than 3 years ago... I really don't remember
anything anymore!
I just tried a web search with no success.

About the generic issue: I prefer injected logger instead of the more
widely adopted Log.getLogger way. BTW, as long as you work on new
features and evolving james I'm fine with any choice. I just don't
understand why IoC colonized the whole java world but logging.

Stefano

PS: I'm happy to see that some new work happen in trunk. Maybe I
should go on holiday much more often.