james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [sieve] Contract For Pluggable Aspects
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 10:20:54 GMT
On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 6:59 PM, Boris Burtin <bburtin@zimbra.com> wrote:
> Yeah, that's a good idea.  It would be good to clarify the jSieve framework behavior.
 I assumed that a new instance of my test gets created every time that a script is evaluated,
but maybe that's not the case.

at the moment, AIUI the answer is yes. it would probably be more
efficient to avoid creating all those instances but they would then
need to be safe for concurrent reuse.

i been thinking about moving towards a factory model so that more
advanced features can be supported. in this case it's probably nature
to place the responsibility on the factory to manage instance reuse.
in this case, a natural contract would be for the engine to call for
an instance once per evaluation.

opinions?

- robert