james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer <nor...@apache.org>
Subject Remove aliasing and forwarding in favor of virtualusertable
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 20:13:11 GMT
Hi all
I would like to propose the removal of "old style aliasing and
forwarding " and just support this kind of stuff with the using of
virtualusertable. I think we should remove the set forwarding and
setalias commands from the remotemanager to make it clear that it is
not supported anymore but keep the mapping logic so we don't break to
much .  Then we could create some conversion script to convert these
kind of accounts to use the virtualusertable.

I think we don't want and need to have more then one alias and
forwarding mapping service. Having only One will simplify à Lot of
stuff later.

Thoughts?

Norman