james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer <norman.mau...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Solution
Date Sat, 21 Nov 2009 13:50:29 GMT
Comments inside...

Am 21.11.2009 um 05:10 schrieb Simon Funnell <simonfunnell@googlemail.com
 >:

> Hi,
>
> Aspectj is an example of how you could add logging to James
> components later in the inheritance chain. Tools already exist, all
> you need to do is accept this simple fact. If components have
> explicit logging operations, they are flawed. Nothing do with me or
> anyone, its a just a fact. The solution is to write methods without
> logging code, then add it later with a decent aspect orientated
> framework or the like. Its really that simple.

Im still not agree with you about that. Imho logging should be part of
the "main code". And why is this any better then injecting the Logger
like every other object. In trunk we even use JSR250 for that so every
Franework which knows howto handle this Standards should just work...

> Are you not bored of explicitly writing logging code in every
> component?

Nope im not bored.

> All I am asking is for you to embrace best practice :) but I respect
> the fact people have jobs as well and that this needs to be
> accounted for in the development cycle.
>
> Regards,
>
> Simon

Bye
Norman

Ps: Why you change the subject of the Mail Everytime.