james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Funnell <simonfunn...@googlemail.com>
Subject Framework/Container
Date Sun, 15 Nov 2009 14:27:47 GMT
Hi,

I've been using James for a couple of years now and enjoy the service it
provides, I actually use quite a few things from the Jakarta project.
With the development of version 3 I have become interested in
integrating James with an existing server framework I have been
developing. On the wiki homepage it discusses moving away from the
Avalon framework and I am happy to contribute code I have written should
it be useful.  I read elsewhere on the wiki that the terminology
surrounding the ideas of containers/micro-kernels/etc is a bit vague and
this is actually some of the issues the framework addresses. I was
wondering if someone can provide me with a brief list of requirements
for a James container and/or any information/links to documentation that
discusses the subject.

Thanks,

Simon