james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Funnell <simonfunn...@googlemail.com>
Subject Solution
Date Sat, 21 Nov 2009 04:10:07 GMT
Hi,

Aspectj is an example of how you could add logging to James components
later in the inheritance chain. Tools already exist, all you need to do
is accept this simple fact. If components have explicit logging
operations, they are flawed. Nothing do with me or anyone, its a just a
fact. The solution is to write methods without logging code, then add it
later with a decent aspect orientated framework or the like. Its really
that simple.

Are you not bored of explicitly writing logging code in every component?

All I am asking is for you to embrace best practice :) but I respect the
fact people have jobs as well and that this needs to be accounted for in
the development cycle.

Regards,

Simon