james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: How to configure the Websphere Business Event with apache-james
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 09:40:32 GMT
2009/11/13 limincn <limincn@hotmail.com>:

> No, I am sure I have not use "****".
>
> I have tried the following mail address.
>
> 1. abc@cn.ibm.com
> 2. <abc@cn.ibm.com>
> 3. "ABC" <abc@cn.ibm.com>
> 4. "abc@cn.ibm.com"
>
> all of them are wrong. the error log is same.
>
> but according to the Websphere Business Event Help the 1 and 3 above should
> be right.
>
> If you think my answer is not suficient, could you tell me dou you think
> which type of mail address will be right.

THe first address is correct, but you probably are looking to the wrong stuff.
The problem is in the parameter that Websphere is passing to the "MAIL
FROM:" command.
There is a syntax error in the MAIL FROM command.
If you are not able to determine what Websphere is passing in this
command you can enable debug logging for the smtpserver in james:

<jamesfolder>/apps/james/SAR-INF/environment.xml:
---
      <category name="smtpserver" log-level="DEBUG">
        <log-target id-ref="smtpserver-target"/>
      </category>
---
Just change the log-level to DEBUG.

Then restart and look at <jamesfolder>/apps/james/logs/smtpserver-YYYY-MM*.log

Stefano

PS: as I told you before the right list is server-dev. So I reply
there and to you. Let's stop using general@j.a.o for something it's
not about. Subscribe to server-dev if you want answers.