james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Mario Zsilak" <mario.zsi...@inew-cs.com>
Subject AW: MailRepository and MailboxManager
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 12:55:24 GMT
+1

However, one comment:
I would like to see that, if a POP3 user fetches his mails, he shall see all
of them (in all folders) - with the difference to IMAP that he doesn't see
his folder structure but only INBOX. At least it should be configurable.

----

What I can say from my experience in my company:
After 4 years of POP3, we finally convinced the company management to
upgrade our email package (hosted service) so that it includes IMAP. The
domain hoster told us that they can't migrate users / mails from POP3 to
IMAP and we had to do it manually ...

Let's do it better! OK, we may use RemoteManager and "movemails", but I
believe having a single Repository would be still better :)

Kind regards,
Mario