james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric MacAdie <e...@MacAdie.net>
Subject Re: Question about Spring
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 09:53:00 GMT
Thanks for the info.

Someone just posted that documentation is a problem. I think there needs
to be some documentation on the source code tree.

I have used ClearCase in the past, so I know the general concepts of
source control, but it would still be nice to have some info posted on
what URLs are used for particular branches. Looking through the tree at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/, it is not clear to me what all
the branches and directories are.

It would be great if there was a page that had info like:
If you want to check out the most recent stable release, use this
command: svn co http://stable/release/here/you/go
If you want to check out the Spring experimental code, use this command:
svn co http://spring/branch/1/2/3
If you want to check out the cutting-edge code that does such-and-such,
use this command: svn co http://use/at/own/risk/but/gosh/its/cool

Regards,
Eric MacAdie
Pronounced: muh-KAY-dee