james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Dhrubo <dhrubo.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [IMAP] JCR Mailbox (Tasks for Robert =P)
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 11:57:45 GMT
I have been working a lot with Jackrabbit of late. Yes Jcr has a concept of
session bt no session factory as such. The repository itself is a session
factory so a call Repository.login() should give you a session object to
work with.

Spring module is a project - hosted both on java.net and sf which tries to
make JCR repository access much like JDBC with templates and session factory
and dao support. But it fails (as per my tests) when transactional support
is required.

Where I see the value of this JCR repository is with the web mail client. A
web mail client can directly access this repository instead of going through
the JAMES server to access the emails(retrieve). It opens up lot of
possibilities like GMAIL like threaded email.

One important thing to consider is = how you merge the security module of
JAMES with that of JACKRABBIT, there is a lot of challenge. I wish I could
contribute with code here rather than dry theories, but other engagements
are keeping me nose deep waters.

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Norman Maurer <norman.maurer@googlemail.com