james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Mario Zsilak" <mario.zsi...@inew-cs.com>
Subject AW: [PROPOSAL] Using Camel as replacement of MailProcessor / SpoolManager
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 20:22:23 GMT
Hi,

I just took a glance at camel.apache.org but I spotted the following
statement:

<!-- 	start -->
Apache Camel can be used as a routing and mediation engine for the following
projects:

    * ...
    * Apache ActiveMQ which is the most popular and powerful open source
message broker
    * ...
<!-- 	 end 	-->

I guess that means that other message brokers (including commercial ones)
are not supported within Apache Camel?
In that case I would be happy to see some kind of abstraction layer so that
others (like me) can implement their own stuff ...

Apart from my requirements I guess most people don't need these (very nice)
features at all.
However if there is a performance gain, especially when using only 1
server/james-instance, we should go for it.

Kind regards,
Mario