james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer <nor...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Using Camel as replacement of MailProcessor / SpoolManager
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:38:05 GMT
Hi all,

in the past Stefano told me about his Idea of using camel within james
(it was just an idea and he had no closer look yet). The last days I
did some research about camel (camel.apache.org) and I think he is
right.

So me plan is:

* Write a Consumer for our SpoolRepository which would fire of an
exchange object when a mail object is ready for processing
* Write a RouteBuilder which will create a route for every configured
processor  and so replace the MailProcessor stuff at all. The route
would just to the Matcher, Mailet processing

With using Camel it would be possible (just an example) to load
balance between routes, throttle processing of low priority routes,
process mail on other server etc. I think this would push James
extensibility to a new level, and will allow developers to customize
james more easy.

WDYTH ?

Norman