james-server-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: [PROPOSAL] Using Camel as replacement of MailProcessor / SpoolManager
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 22:12:59 GMT
I'm not a camel expert.
On Feb 18, 2010, at 12:22 PM, Mario Zsilak wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just took a glance at camel.apache.org but I spotted the following
> statement:
>
> <!-- 	start -->
> Apache Camel can be used as a routing and mediation engine for the
> following
> projects:
>
>    * ...
>    * Apache ActiveMQ which is the most popular and powerful open
> source
> message broker
>    * ...
> <!-- 	 end 	-->
>

> I guess that means that other message brokers (including commercial
> ones)
> are not supported within Apache Camel?

I think it means that the camel integration is shipped with those
projects and is not a comment on the ease of using camel with other
message systems.  For instance I doubt tibco is going to ship camel
any time soon, but I have the impression that integrating with a jms
provider is basically a matter of configuration.

> In that case I would be happy to see some kind of abstraction layer
> so that
> others (like me) can implement their own stuff ...

Where would this abstraction layer go, and what would it abstract?
What would you substitute for what?

david jencks