james-server-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: James and Spring / Osgi
Date Sat, 27 Feb 2010 20:42:54 GMT

On Feb 27, 2010, at 12:02 PM, Martin Reisenhofer wrote:

> Dear David,
>
> blueprint is similar to spring-dm, and also supported by the spring-
> dm server. But spring configuration  for now has more features than
> blueprint. Why do you prefer blueprint instead of spring-dm?

Blueprint is a standard and gives you a choice of platfoms to run on,
such as apache aries.  I'm not familiar with the features in spring-dm
that are missing from blueprint: if they aren't too important for
james, I think using the standard would be worthwhile.

 From another point of view, my understanding is that Spring
positioned blueprint as the better, standardized version of spring-
dm.  If it isn't, better to find out now and start trying to fix the
blueprint spec.

thanks
david jencks