james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Using Camel as replacement of MailProcessor / SpoolManager
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 21:49:49 GMT
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 8:22 PM, Mario Zsilak <mario.zsilak@inew-cs.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just took a glance at camel.apache.org but I spotted the following
> statement:
>
> <!--    start -->
> Apache Camel can be used as a routing and mediation engine for the following
> projects:
>
>    * ...
>    * Apache ActiveMQ which is the most popular and powerful open source
> message broker
>    * ...
> <!--     end    -->
>

> I guess that means that other message brokers (including commercial ones)
> are not supported within Apache Camel?
> In that case I would be happy to see some kind of abstraction layer so that
> others (like me) can implement their own stuff ...
>
> Apart from my requirements I guess most people don't need these (very nice)
> features at all.
> However if there is a performance gain, especially when using only 1
> server/james-instance, we should go for it.

IIRC we've discuss this before and the consensus was that an API would
be the right way to go

+1 with a few comments

might need to think a little about big emails. might be better just to
send the meta-data around keeping a reference to a data store. this
would fit in with ideas about streaming bodies more directly into
storage.

- robert