james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Imap: UID EXPUNGE not supported
Date Sun, 28 Feb 2010 14:49:35 GMT
On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Manuel Carrasco Moñino
<manolo@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello guys, I'm playing with Hupa & James, and I get this error:
>
> javax.mail.MessagingException: UID EXPUNGE not supported;
>  nested exception is:
>        com.sun.mail.iap.BadCommandException: UID EXPUNGE not supported
>        at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPFolder.expunge(IMAPFolder.java:1602)
>
> Is it normal?, if so, where is the list of imap commands supported in
> James so far?

this isn't an IMAP command but part of the UIDPLUS extension
(http://www.apps.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4315.html). FWIW sun's client is not
correct since james does not advertise UIDPLUS and an alternative
command exists.

this is currently unimplemented but adding it should be really quite
easy if anyone wanted to give it a go

- robert