james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric MacAdie <e...@MacAdie.net>
Subject Issues running latest build
Date Sun, 11 Apr 2010 15:49:05 GMT
I downloaded the latest build from
http://people.apache.org/builds/james/nightly/bin/james-server-spring-deployment-3.0-M1.tgz

I untarred it, and I am trying to run it as root on my local machine. I
tried it both with the conf/james-config.xml that came with the tar
file, and I also copied over a config.xml file that I am using for a
server that is running fine. I get the same error message each time.

I went to the lib directory and ran a bash command to run jar -tf on all
the jar files, and none of them have the
org.apache.james.util.connection.SimpleConnectionManager class in them.

I thought I read the directions correctly, but I guess I missed
something. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,
Eric MacAdie

root@localhost:/home/ericm/tmp/Java/james/james-server-spring-deployment-3.0-M1/james-server-spring-deployment-3.0-M1/bin#

./run.sh
Booting James
INFO  10:34:11,173 |
org.apache.james.container.spring.beanfactory.JamesApplicationContext |
Bean factory for application context
[org.apache.james.container.spring.beanfactory.JamesApplicationContext;hashCode=303731508]:

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory
defining beans
[fileSystemOverride,serviceManager,logger,privilegedPortsConfigurationInterceptor,stringRemapperConfigurationInterceptor,configurationProvider,avalonContext,loggerPropagator,contextPropagator,servicePropagator,configurationManager,initializationManager,James,mailboxmanager,spoolmanager,matcherpackages,mailetpackages,dnsserver,spoolmanagement,processormanagement,bayesiananalyzermanagement,remotemanager,usermanagement,imap-connections,imapserver,pop3server,smtpserver,nntpserver,nntp-repository,fetchmail,mailstore,spoolrepository,users-store,localusersrepository,filesystem,virtualusertablemanagement,virtualusertable-store,defaultvirtualusertable,domainlist,domainlistmanagement,connections,sockets,scheduler,database-connections,thread-manager];

root of BeanFactory hierarchy
INFO  10:34:11,178 |
org.apache.james.container.spring.beanfactory.JamesApplicationContext |
45 beans defined in application context
[org.apache.james.container.spring.beanfactory.JamesApplicationContext;hashCode=303731508]
Exception in thread "main"
org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Cannot
find class [org.apache.james.util.connection.SimpleConnectionManager]
for bean with name 'imap-connections' defined in null; nested exception
is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.james.util.connection.SimpleConnectionManager
org.apache.james.util.connection.SimpleConnectionManager
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
    at org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.forName(ClassUtils.java:177)
    at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinition.resolveBeanClass(AbstractBeanDefinition.java:313)
    at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.resolveBeanClass(AbstractBeanFactory.java:912)
    at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeanNamesForType(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:165)
    at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBeanNamesForType(AbstractApplicationContext.java:687)
    at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractApplicationContext.java:397)
    at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:330)
    at
org.apache.james.container.spring.beanfactory.JamesApplicationContext.newJamesApplicationContext(JamesApplicationContext.java:56)
    at
org.apache.james.container.spring.beanfactory.JamesApplicationContext.newJamesApplicationContext(JamesApplicationContext.java:49)
    at
org.apache.james.container.spring.beanfactory.JamesApplicationContext.newJamesApplicationContext(JamesApplicationContext.java:45)
    at org.apache.james.container.spring.Main.main(Main.java:29)