james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <eric.char...@u-mangate.com>
Subject Re: Integration with Jboss
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 19:21:40 GMT
Hi Amit,

I found http://wiki.apache.org/james/Embedded on the wiki, but it goes
on phoenix container which is not used anymore.

I integrated james 2.3 in tomcat 2 years ago with a
ServletContextListener responsible to launch the main class of the
spring intregration (now the org.apache.james.container.spring.Main class).
It was quite straighforward (put jars found in the james lib directory
in WEB-INF/lib).  The only difficulty I had was the way james was
disk file, sometimes like a classpath resource. That obliged me to
integrate some files in the jars I had in WEB-INF/lib (the classpath
had to care about the directoy from where the process was launched (if
launched from /etc/init.d/james on linux, the conf directory had to be
in the /).

I did the integration to have access on the user repository, and also to
allow some mailets access some ressources provided by the local tomcat
container.

I think to remember having read about apache geronimo integrating james,
but can't find back the links...

Maybe you could tell use a bit more about your goals: do you want jboss
serve smtp/pop/imap protocol and control the traffic by application
deployed in jboss, are you willing to have a kind of "admin-console",...

Tks,
Eric