james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [IMAP] Over-designed /Some thoughts ?
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 09:52:15 GMT
On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 10:19 AM, Norman Maurer
<norman.maurer@googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2010/4/28 Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com>:
>> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Norman Maurer
>> <norman.maurer@googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> Ok, hope to see you back in some time..
>>
>> thunderbird 3 hates our IMAP so i'm having mail issues :-<
>>

> Just till upgrade ?

thunderbird 3 automatically retries operations in the background. so,
when it crashes it will retry the next time you open it. it crashes a
lot anyway but if you try any long running operations that are likely
to time out, it quickly becomes unusable. starting to write something
on long operations would probably help by stopping some of the
timeouts but basically the rewrite to the IMAP client has been poorly
executed.

- robert