james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Celebration, plus: Release James 4.0M1?
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 08:45:01 GMT
Hi,

Thanks to Norman, Robert and everyone else - over the past month,
there have been tons of changes and improvements made to James.

Most of them are fantastic: modularization, IMAP, container, async io protocols.
I can even deploy James as a WAR file now - This must be the future!

Now, how dare we not to release this bag of beauties to our users?
Why not have a milestone release adding a disclaimer that this isn't
production ready and collect feedback from the field?

And even if you'd call it 3.0 instead of the deserved 4.0, I'd be happy. :-)

Here's my +1!

Non-bindingly,

  Bernd