james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JAMES OOM, maybe the cause of MINA ?
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 12:43:22 GMT
Did some more investigation. Here is one of the strange observations

Most of the hanging DefaultWriteRequest have this message "451 Unable
to process smtp request.............................."
Can't analyze all of them, but saw content of close to 100 objects.
All of them had the same content

This error is coming from org.apache.james.smtpserver.mina.SMTPIoHandler Line:94

if (session.isConnected()) {
    session.write(new SMTPResponse(SMTPRetCode.LOCAL_ERROR, "Unable to
process smtp request"));
}

Also, from the heapdump, all the WriteRequests are for a session
(id=13609), and they are hanging there :(
so seems like we have a hanging session.

Any thoughts?

Will try to reproduce this problem at my end. Some logs might be of help.

thanks
ashish

thanks
ashish