james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Tim-Christian Mundt <...@tim-erwin.de>
Subject Re: [IMAP] Cut a milestone ?
Date Sat, 12 Jun 2010 20:12:11 GMT
Eric,

> I implemented the standard @OneToMany (not the proprietary extension)
> without intermediary table and the schema is created.
> As you described, it hanged the first, but recompiling and relaunching
> made it happen.
could you please send me a patch for this? I always recompiled and
relaunched but I've no idea what I did wrong.

> On my side <property name=penjpa.Log" value="SQL=TRACE"/> shows the SQL
> (in fact the JPQL).
It does here, too, however, in the situation when it hung creating the
tables it didn't.

> Recommendations found on http://openjpa.apache.org/faq.html allow the fk
> to be created.
> I finally think the current default pk strategy is the good one.
Foreign keys on a database level are certainly a good idea. For PKs I
prefer auto-increments instead of sequence tables for the sake of
simplicity and performance.

Cheers
Tim