james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Tim-Christian Mundt <...@tim-erwin.de>
Subject [IMAP] countMailboxesWithName
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 20:41:22 GMT
Hi,

in IMAP the method MailboxMapper.countMailboxesWithName(mailboxName) is
only ever used in StoreMailboxManager.mailboxExists(mailboxName,
session). There the result is checked for duplicates. Duplicates should
be detected before writing and not when reading, for some stores (e.g.
maildir) it is not even possible to have more than one mailbox with the
same name. So this is superfluous and should should be moved to the
MailboxMapper.existsMailbox(mailboxName) which can provide a more
efficient existence test.

I think I proposed that before but can't find to reason why it's not
there. Thus I thought I'd check back with you before I change it. Any
objections? Otherwise I'd submit a patch.

Cheers
Tim