james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <eric.char...@u-mangate.com>
Subject Re: more maven
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 03:36:53 GMT
Hi Tim,

I you do 'mvn install' on your dependency, your project should take this
into account the 'last' dependency in place of the snapshot.
But I'm not sure of this for james because I don't work as such (should
test it).

I use m2eclipse plugin for eclipse and take a little time to configure
as such:
- I enable 'enable dependency management'
- I enable 'workspace resolution'
- I close/open all projects

All projects dependency known as source projects in eclipse now really
use the projects in eclipse rather than the dependencies in your local
repository.

Once configured, you have a pratical environment to develop: any
modification in your projects are directly taken into account in the
others without any 'mvn install' or jar copy.

Tks,

Eric