james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JPA for imap 0.1 release
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 17:43:25 GMT
Hi Tim,

I think (not sure) the **/openjpa packages have been defined to place
all classes that use "specific/proprietary" functions of openjpa.
If that we introduce "specific/proprietary" annotations such as @Index a
bit everywhere, the above logic does not make much sense anymore.

For example, the org.apache.james.imap.jpa.mail.model.openjpa contains
classes that support streaming to DB blobs with help of
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.Persistent annotation.
I proposed to rename the package to
org.apache.james.imap.jpa.mail.model.streaming to indicate that it goes
on stuff that support streaming.
If we have another function such as let's say "veryfast" (stupid
example), we would create org.apache.james.imap.jpa.mail.model.veryfast.
Now, if we have a "veryfast streaming" function, we are a bit in the
problem. So it my proposal may not make much sens anymore an we may
simply leave it as such.
But I remain with the (very little) problem that classes not in the
openjpa package contain openjpa proprietary extensions.

Well, I'm sure those 2 weeks holiday will make things clearer in my head
(I will drink a pastis at your health in South of France :).

Bye,

Eric