james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer <nor...@apache.org>
Subject Module redesign / relayout
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2010 13:26:19 GMT
Hi all,

before we release M1 of james-server I would like to rework the maven2
structure of james server . I think we should move some packages
around to be able to better support OSGI in the future. I think many
of the modules are just a left over from the time back when we used
ant. For example the core-library and core-function module. I think
this should get merged. Then we have the different implementations of
many services. Most times we have a db and fs implementation. I think
we should seperate them too. So we could create "cleaner" osgi bundles
later.

Thoughts ?

Bye,
Norman

Ps: I think I will start to work on this at the weekend, we can revert
it later if we think it was a bad idea ...