james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JPA for imap 0.1 release
Date Sun, 11 Jul 2010 12:18:12 GMT
Hi Tim,

So there is consensus to leave the package naming as-is and move
entities with openjpa proprietary extension to the openjpa packages.

Currently, I have no well defined patch (only many trials I made).
I will implement some @ElementJoinColumn and @Index and test it with
real traffic.
Depending on the result and timing, we may integrate the changes in our
upcoming 3.0 M1 release.

I will also need to upgrade the current database schema and datas.
Probably the number of users that need this migration is very limited
(only users running a 3.0 trunk built snapshot).
However, we could use it as a base for the latter migrations and also
for the 2.3 to 3.0 migration.
I will look if an existing JIRA or create a new one to publish the progress.

Tks,

Eric