james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer <nor...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Confused by UID vs message number in James IMAP
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2010 18:38:56 GMT
Hi Francois-Denis,

2010/9/12 Francois-Denis Gonthier <fdgonthier@revolutionlinux.com>:
> Now, I still think getMsn returning -1 is a problem. If the processor asks for a mail
which the UidToMsnConverter doesn't know, it returns -1 and that number happens to be sent
down the wire in a FETCH response. This confuses the IMAP client which usually disconnects
from the server. If you don't happen to have a verbose IMAP trace running, the problem might
be totally invisible by the client. I would prefer a big fat exception be thrown on unknown
message than this.

I agree we should at least take some care here in FetchProcessor.

Could you fill a JIRA issue for it ?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMAP

Thx,
Norman