james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ the cause?
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 12:01:14 GMT
Hi Norman,

There were 2 main problems:
1. The amq one which is now resolved tks to your last commit
2. James no more responding on imap which is always caused by OOM (I
missed some log the first time).

For the second one, analysis of memory dump shows oom comes from huge
usage of memory due to loading of message, headers,... (in case of
10.000 message fetch for example).
I don't benefit from Lob streaming on derby database, but it won't help
much because jpaheader for example also take much memory.

Tks,

Eric