james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject 3.0-M1 default configuration
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 07:17:10 GMT
Hi All,

We are preparing the 3.0-M1 release and need to define the default
configuration.

Currently, when you download James 3 snapshot, you have
virtualHosting: disabled
mailbox: jpa
user: jpa
virtualuser: jpa
domainlist: xml
ValidRcptHandler handler: enabled
jmx: disabled
remote delivery: disabled

I was thinking to enable virtualHosting to be able to manage more than
one domain at once (this was a long-time waited feature, so let's
provide it by default).
This would lead to implement domainlist with jpa.

I was wondering what to  do with remote delivery. I can imagine if we
leave it as such  to have many users downloading and thinking that james
does not do the expected job: send mails...

What do you think of?
Have you got any other requirement we should meet?

Tks for your feedbacks,

Eric