james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject James 2.x web site
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:31:01 GMT
Hi,

The left menu of  http://james.apache.org/server/index.html has now:

     Development 3.0
     Candidate 2.3.2
     Server 2.3.1
     Server 2.3.0
     Server 2.2.0
     Archive

If you click for example on "Candidate 2.3.2", you're going to
http://james.apache.org/server/2.3.2/index.html, and you can click from
there on the left menu (bottom) "Download > Nightly builds" that drives
you to http://people.apache.org/builds/james/nightly/. This url is no
more updated since 27-Apr-2010. The menus (top and left) are also from
the previous skin, so not in line with the new one.

I would like to propose a new menu
     Sever 3.0
     Server 2.3.2
     Archive

... and move the Server 2.3.1, 2.3.0, 2.2.0 to the Archive page.

The 2.3.2 would need to get regenerated and republished.

If ok with this, there is 3 actions:
- Republish 2.3.2: I tried to build the site, but it fails to download
the needed dependency. I will retry from another internet connection.
- In the index pages, push users to download and try 3.0-M1 rather than
the stable 2.3.2.
- Automatically update the nightly dir. if needed, cause we already have
two places to download the snapshots; hudson and maven snaphot repo.

(We already had users trying the outdated 27-Apr 3.0 bundle).

Tks,

Eric