james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: James 2.x web site
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 06:48:33 GMT
Hi All,

- Server V2 and Server V3 sounds really good. I will also create new
directories to contains those sites so the menu of other sites are still
valid when going from 3M1 to 3M2 to 3beta1,... "server3" will represent
the current v3 and other web subsites menus will point to it.

- Sure,  stable is 2.3.2: will simply invite early-adaptors to download,
test and feeback 3M1

- So what do we do with nightly dir (it was +1, but I don't know if it
was for option 1 or 2 ?):
1. remove links from menu and also its content so no one can download it.
2. Add it in all menus (aside the hudson and maven snapshot) and
(re)activate the process that  automatically update the dir.
If it's easy to activate the automatic update, I would like option 2
because to download from hudson or maven, you need to know which
artifact to download (not easy at first sight). If users has only one
zip in the dir, it's much easier for him.
If it's not easy to automatically feed the dir, option 1 is good also.

Tks,

Eric