james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Web Site update 20101028
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 12:37:22 GMT
2010/10/28 Eric Charles <eric@apache.org>:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> It would be great if you could review the following:
>
> http://james.apache.org
> - Home: less bullet, vertical layout, mention of hupa project
> - Releases: mention of maven repos for missing projects

I was on my NetBook and it isn't readable at all. I think the news box
should be smaller and the 2 columns should take the whole width in
order to be readable. Otherwise a minimum-width should be added in
order to avoid 100px columns with unreadable text.

> http://james.apache.org/server/
> - Home: less bullet, vertical layout, feature matrix update (-> would put it
> in a tabbed layout with jquery javascript framework to lighten the content,
> also add some tabs such as video,... a bit like http://cassandra.apache.org)
> - some links to server 2.x to archive

Really good!
I see "Alternate mail stores" twice

> http://james.apache.org/server/3/
> - All 3 releases would go to /server/3 directory
> - Home: more user-oriented with key characteristics and images
> - Menu review: Overview, Features, User Manual, Developers Corner
> - Some pages are ok, some are empty, some need to be
> reviewed/corrected/revamped.

This is really too large.
The content is very good.

Stefano