james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Therning <nik...@trillian.se>
Subject IMAP - Implementing IDLE
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:03:15 GMT
Hi,

I've spent the last days implementing IDLE in James IMAP. It seems to
work quite ok so far though I've only tested it with the in memory
mailbox and I'm adding and deleting messages programmatically. It would
be great if you guys would like to review the code and, if you think it
looks ok, I 'd be happy to contribute it to the project. There are still
some issues I'm aware of (e.g. how to handle read timeouts when in IDLE,
unit tests) but we could discuss those later on. I'm sure you will find
some more issues. :-)

So, how do you want it? Patch in JIRA? I think I have write access to
the Subversion repo (I'm a dormant Mime4j and MINA committer) so I think
I could create a branch if that's what you prefer.

/Niklas