james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer <nor...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] MailServer interface make sense / Move methods ?
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2010 08:46:11 GMT
2010/12/16 Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org>:
> 2010/12/16 Eric Charles <eric@apache.org>:
>> Hi,
>> We also need to cover James used as simple MTA/mail-relay/honeypot without
>> any users defined (for example, in an internal network when processing mails
>> for virus/spam detection,...).
>> In this case, we could use in this case the "localhost" domain.
>>
>> I'm also in favor of having only the virtualhosting enabled. I guess this
>> would simply lead to remove this notion from code/conf.
>
> In anyone needs the "old" behaviour then he just need to add a rewrite
> for the recipient (.*)@(.*) => $1@defaultdomain as the first mailet. I
> think everything is easier to understand this way (not sure if we
> already provide a good way to do this rewrite easily, but we can
> create a simple mailet if we don't already have something usable).
>
> Stefano

I thought a bit about it and I think the rewrite stuff would work once
the email is spooled. But there is still the problem with
authentication (SMTP/POP3/IMAP). The user will need to login with
user@domain as username. Not really a problem but maybe confuse
people, but I guess if we document it it would be enough...

Bye
Norman