james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer <nor...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re[2]: IMAP: hierarchy separator character
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 08:15:53 GMT
Hi there,

comments inside..

2011/1/3 Wojciech Strzałka <wstrzalka@gmail.com>:

>  I'm trying to implement it and I have a few questions:
>
>  - it looks like there separate delimiters defined in 2 application parts:
>   a) mailbox separator (defined in MailboxConstants),
>   b) imap hierarchy delimiter (defined in ImapConstants)
>
>   they interact with each other - so I guess they should be unified
>   to be the same after refactoring - am I right?

Exactly. I think the delimiter should be configured in the
MailboxManager or MailboxSession (?) and then just looked-up in the
imap processors.

>  - delimiter is represented as 'String' in some places and as 'char'
>  in the others - should we unify this? Will be char enough? Are there
>  cases where it will be NULL (anyway should be probably represented as
>  chr(0)) or multi character string?

Yeah make this consistent is a good idea.. Char should be enough to
hold the delimiter. The delimiter should never be NULL.

>> There are no stupid questions.... Just keep asking I will try to guide
>> you as much As possible.
>
>> I think you will have to add the delimiter stuff to MailboxSession and
>> replace the hardcoded Value with the One in MailboxSession
>
>> Good luck;)
>
>> Am Donnerstag, 30. Dezember 2010 schrieb Wojciech Strzałka
>> <wstrzalka@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>>  I don't feel comfortable yet, with the overall project structure yet but
>>>  I can try :D
>>>  Expect stupid questions on priv :)

>>> --
>>> Pozdrowienia,
>>>  Wojciech Strzałka

> Pozdrowienia,
>  Wojciech Strzałka

Bye,
Norman

Ps: I CC server-dev as this is the right place for the mail thread..