james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven 3
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 10:01:22 GMT
On 03/02/2011 10:48 AM, Eric Charles wrote:
> Hi,
> I use maven 3 on james projects and changed some property to make it
> more maven3-friendly.
> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-1041
>
> There are still some warning messages, but it correctly
> compiles/packages/... and generates also the site (at least without the
> report generation, didn't test it with report generation).
>
> I am in favor to have James supporting maven 3, even if it becomes
> incompatible with maven 2.

Ok. So when doing some review (JAMES-1041) it's better to force maven 3
(<prerequisites><maven>3.0.2</maven></prerequisites>) then having
the
profiles construct [1] to be able to build the site using m2 or m3. This
would make the pom.xml really less messy.

> But we would need to do it progressively to ensure hudson build are
> still working and document it.

I agree. That's why we can't set the prerequisites already in the
project/pom.xml but in the but of the specific projects. This will make
it possible to switch to m3 project by project.

Regards
Felix