james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven 3 compatibility (JAMES-1041)
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 08:38:39 GMT
Hi Felix,

Sorry, I was not complete when saying that maven didn't install the
snapshots.
Yes, m3 downloads the snapshots, but if you install if from you local PC
with "mvn install" to your local repo, it does not install the
*-site.xml needed to build the sites that inherites (the menus,...).

It's a bit complicated to explain, but if you look at
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/james/james-project/1.6-SNAPSHOT/
you will see untill Sat Mar 05 some james-project-...-site.xml.
After, there are no more james-project-...-site.xml because of a m3 bug
(I suppose).

The consequence is that when I build the sites (mailbox, imap,...) on my
PC, it uses the 1.5 skin, and not the 1.6-SNAPSHOT one.

We could look if this is really a mvn bug, if a jira is open,...
As temporary fix, we could build the james-project project under m2,
which should fix the -site.xml deployment.

Tks,
- Eric