james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven 3 compatibility (JAMES-1041)
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2011 04:47:43 GMT
Hi,
 From http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/9/apache-9.pom
apache-9 mainly specifies the maven versions to be used (for example,
the maven-site-plugin 3.0-beta3).

The versions we specify in james parent will override if needed the ones
from apache parent.
As james tend to follow close the latest versions, and if all build is
successful with parent-9, let's go for it.

Tks,
- Eric

On 18/03/2011 21:18, Felix Knecht wrote:

> On 03/09/2011 01:05 PM, Felix Knecht wrote:
>> On 03/09/2011 12:43 PM, Eric Charles wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> Just updated with Felix's last commits (r1070751).
>>> Site are now generated with 1.6-SNAPSHOT skin.
>>>
>>> Are there any other changes for james-project before releasing 1.6?
>
> Shall the james-parent parent (org.apache:apache) also be updated? Now
> it's version 7, latest version is 9? Does anybody knows the impacts
> this could/will have?
> Apart of the question above I see no other changes before releasing 1.6.
>
> Regards
> Felix
>

>> I just wonder if we should force maven-3 when using james-project 1.6
>> and drop the switch for site-plugin which is now done in the profiles
>> section.
>
> Done.
>
>> Of course 'release early, release often' this can also be done in a
>> later release of the james-project.
>>
>> My thoughts
>> Felix
>>

>>> Tks,

> [...]
> [...]