james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven 3 compatibility (JAMES-1041)
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2011 07:47:05 GMT
Hi

Does any special 'James' documentation about releasing exists or does it
just follow the 'standard' process [1] staging a release:
1. Prepare pom for release
2. publish snapshot
3. prepare release
4. stage the release for a vote
5. vote
6. release

Does a designated release manager exists or is it up to each developer
to do it on his own (I've never done it before, so be warned in this
case ;) )?

Thanks
Felix

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html

On 03/19/2011 05:47 AM, Eric Charles wrote:
> Hi,
>  From http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/9/apache-9.pom
> apache-9 mainly specifies the maven versions to be used (for example,
> the maven-site-plugin 3.0-beta3).
>
> The versions we specify in james parent will override if needed the ones
> from apache parent.
> As james tend to follow close the latest versions, and if all build is
> successful with parent-9, let's go for it.
>
> Tks,
> - Eric
>

> On 18/03/2011 21:18, Felix Knecht wrote:

>> Shall the james-parent parent (org.apache:apache) also be updated? Now
>> it's version 7, latest version is 9? Does anybody knows the impacts
>> this could/will have?
>> Apart of the question above I see no other changes before releasing 1.6.
>>
>> Regards
>> Felix
>>

>>> I just wonder if we should force maven-3 when using james-project 1.6
>>> and drop the switch for site-plugin which is now done in the profiles
>>> section.
>>
>> Done.
>>
>>> Of course 'release early, release often' this can also be done in a
>>> later release of the james-project.
>>>
>>> My thoughts
>>> Felix

1.6-SNAPSHOT).

> [...]
> [...]