james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Vishal Mahajan <vmaha...@zimbra.com>
Subject [jSieve] multiple multi-line forms in the same sieve script
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 12:22:35 GMT
Hi,

I am using jSieve 0.4. I have the following sieve script containing two multi-line forms:

----
require ["fileinto", "reject", "tag", "flag"];

# filter1
if anyof (header :contains "subject" "abc") {
reply text:
reply1
.
;
reply text:
reply2
.
;
}
----

The issue is that the jSieve parser sees only one multi-line form in the above script, with
form data being the text between the first "text:" and last "CRLF.CRLF", i.e.

----
reply1
.
;
reply text:
reply2
----

Is there an issue in the sieve.jjt grammar in dealing with multiple multi-line forms?

One of the odd things I observed in sieve.jjt is that NEWLINE is considered as "\n"|"\r"|"\r\n",
whereas RFC 3028 (section 2.4.2) requires that a multi-line form:

starts with the keyword "text:",
followed by a CRLF, and ends with the sequence of a CRLF, a single
period, and another CRLF.
which implies that standalone "\n" and "\r" chars should not be considered in determining
start and end of multi-line form data.

Thanks,

Vishal