james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer <nor...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven 3 compatibility (JAMES-1041)
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 06:32:54 GMT
Hi Felix,

it's just this:

1) Someone step up as RM
2) mvn release:prepare -Dusername=yourusername -Dpassword=yourpassword
3) mvn release:perform -Dusername=yourusername -Dpassword=yourpassword
4) login to repository.apache.org and stage it
5) write email to ml
6) summarize the VOTES
7) login to repository.apache.org and promote/drop the staged artifact
(depending on the VOTE outcome)
8) Write an email to ml / announce at apache.org

Hope this helps,
Norman

2011/3/19 Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org>

> Hi
>
> Does any special 'James' documentation about releasing exists or does it
> just follow the 'standard' process [1] staging a release:
> 1. Prepare pom for release
> 2. publish snapshot
> 3. prepare release
> 4. stage the release for a vote
> 5. vote
> 6. release
>
> Does a designated release manager exists or is it up to each developer to
> do it on his own (I've never done it before, so be warned in this case ;) )?
>
> Thanks
> Felix
>
> [1] http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html
>

> On 03/19/2011 05:47 AM, Eric Charles wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>  From http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/9/apache-9.pom
>> apache-9 mainly specifies the maven versions to be used (for example,
>> the maven-site-plugin 3.0-beta3).
>>
>> The versions we specify in james parent will override if needed the ones
>> from apache parent.
>> As james tend to follow close the latest versions, and if all build is
>> successful with parent-9, let's go for it.
>>
>> Tks,
>> - Eric

>>> Shall the james-parent parent (org.apache:apache) also be updated? Now
>>> it's version 7, latest version is 9? Does anybody knows the impacts
>>> this could/will have?
>>> Apart of the question above I see no other changes before releasing 1.6.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Felix

>>> Done.
>>>
>>>  Of course 'release early, release often' this can also be done in a

james-server-root

(not 1.6-SNAPSHOT).

of 1.5 in the parent

your local

maven didn't install

but if you install if from
repo, it does not install the
that inherites (the

but if you look at

you right this [1]

solves the problem

the sites (mailbox,

the 1.6-SNAPSHOT one.

mvn bug, if a jira is
the james-project project

wrote:

> [...]
from my location. I

issue with maven 3 beta that
repo.
3.0.2 (snapshots will be resolved,
issues installing local skins) ?

local repository (rm -rf

and run the
project. The maven-skin got
repo and used.

some inherited menus. This
(pom.xml) is of version 1.5
changed them because I'm not
SNAPSHOTs in this place. In

Charles wrote:

> [...]
the generation with the new profile

Knecht wrote:

> [...]
projects, put them to work using
mvn-3.0.2, make choosable if to
site as before) or to generate

configuration for these projects
the site. Technical reports are
the project (Maven-generated site) or via

not working banner images in the