james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Pyette <ppye...@perimind.com>
Subject Re: POP3/Outlook Error
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 16:18:07 GMT
Sorry -- It appears that UIDL is returning the correct response -- there ARE in fact 41 items
in the INBOX.

On 2011-03-01, at 11:05 AM, Patrick Pyette wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm getting this issue regularly when users access their accounts via both webmail client
and Outlook.   The message from Outlook contained in the image attached, but reads:

> "Your POP3 server is providing inconsistent information.   The number of messages returned
by the STAT command does not match the number of items returned by the UIDL or LIST commands."

> [...]
>
> UIDL
> +OK unique-id listing follows
> 1 5
> 2 6
> 3 7
> 4 8
> 5 9
> 6 10
> 7 11
> 8 12
> 9 15
> 10 16
> 11 17
> 12 18
> 13 21
> 14 26
> 15 30
> 16 2
> 17 19
> 18 20
> 19 4
> 20 37
> 21 40
> 22 41
> 23 3
> 24 13
> 25 1
> 26 34
> 27 14
> 28 35
> 29 23
> 30 36
> 31 33
> 32 24
> 33 25
> 34 27
> 35 28
> 36 29
> 37 31
> 38 38
> 39 39
> 40 22
> 41 32
>
> -----------
>
> LIST
> +OK 28 121546
> 1 663
> 2 663
> 3 662
> 4 752
> 5 751
> 6 663
> 7 662
> 8 662
> 9 649
> 10 649
> 11 664
> 12 662
> 13 753
> 14 2696
> 15 654
> 16 664
> 17 752
> 18 649
> 19 766
> 20 653
> 21 2696
> 22 675
> 23 91888
> 24 2694
> 25 2689
> 26 655
> 27 659
> 28 3901
> .
> STAT
> +OK 28 121546
>
> What appears to be happening is that UIDL is returning the list of all messages in all
mailbox folders, while the other commands are returning only those in the INBOX.

> I'm not sure how to interpret the spec (it talks about a given "maildrop"), but since
POP3 doesn't know about folders should UIDL only return the list of items in the INBOX?