james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Names: James verses JAMES
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 12:15:03 GMT
One difficult case:

[1] "Apache James IMAP" or
[2] "Apache James Imap"

Also on http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs#other
For example, "Apache Xerces Perl" is not appropriate, since it
improperly uses the trademark "Perl". A better project name would be
"Apache Xerces for Perl"

Is IMAP protocol a "trademark"? (I don't think so, but would not be
surprised by the contrary)

[3] "Apache James for IMAP" or
[4] "Apache James for Imap"

For now, I will commit with [1]