james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject [James] LDAP user repository
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 13:53:23 GMT
hello dev,

 I have been trying to configure James version 2.3.2 to use LDAP user
repository based on the page [1], after initial configuration
 I have encountered the known issue [2], finally after tweaking the
code a bit am able to connect to James through LDAP authentication
 however sending of mail is not working due to some reason not yet
completely known to me
 (note that sending mail works for me with the default configuration).

 Is there anyway to get James work with existing LDAP user repository
(of course with few more fixes)?

 If not then am thinking of writing a new LDAP user repo.

 Appreciate any pointers and suggestions.

[1] http://james.apache.org/server/archive/usingLDAP_v1_2.html
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-747

P.S:- Am using Apache Directory Server (1.5.8-SNAPSHOT) as my LDAP server

--
Kiran Ayyagari